On Monday 19 January 2015 20:15:22 Milian Wolff wrote:
> I usually don't use the compose key, so my
> naive assumption would be that lazy-loading this table would help the
> common  case of startup quite a bit already. Or is this required for other
> things that I don't expect?

It applies to dead keys too. In fact, I don't know what keys are allowed to
trigger composition... any key could be. Though very few people in their sane
minds would use anything besides dead keys and the Compose key.

The reason this is loaded at runtime was at my insistence because I patch mine
so <dead_acute> <c> is ç instead of ć.