The MNG and JPEG2000 plugins are no longer built by default on most platforms
because upstream development has stalled and there are known security
vulnerabilities. See https://codereview.qt-project.org/#/c/141429/

You can still build them manually if you really want them. Perhaps you could
help port the JPEG2000 plugin to https://github.com/uclouvain/openjpeg

On Apr 24, 2016, at 2:12 PM, Tom Isaacson