Hi Simon,

Nice! Looks like a good start. It’s something that’s definitely missing at the
moment.

You would likely get more people looking at it if you moved it over to Qt Code
Review. Looking at the license headers, it looks like it is your intent that
this could become part of Qt, and for that to happen it must before long go
through code review anyway.

From a quick look it seems to be mostly well written. I do wonder whether it
might be better to use a tool other than ldd to find the library dependencies.
objdump -p provides the same information, and also works for cross-compiles.

Cheers,
Louai

PS: Apologies for the top post.

On 9/16/16, 6:31 AM, "Development on behalf of probono"
<development-bounces+louai.al-khanji=qt...@qt-project.org on behalf of
prob...@puredarwin.org> wrote:

    Hi all,

    I have been working on a deployment tool for Linux, linuxdeployqt,
    which I eventually would like to see merged into qttools.git.

    linuxdeployqt takes an application and makes it self-contained by
    copying in the Qt libraries and plugins that the application uses into
    a bundle. While based on macdeployqt it uses an equivalent logic but
    other tools.

    https://github.com/probonopd/linuxdeployqt/

    Known issues: See GitHub Issues. Use with care, run with maximum
    verbosity. Watch out for FIXMEs in the code.

    This is stil very young, but I'd appreciate your testing, comments,
    and (ideally) code review.

    Regards,
    Simon