Am 21.09.2016 um 09:52 schrieb Marc Mutz:
On Wednesday 21 September 2016 09:23:35 Mathias Hasselmann wrote:
Maybe some clever use of type traits can tell us if your structs contain
alignment wholes?

-Werror=padded :)

Yes, but how is it supposed to help? Let me show a real world example:

        struct Sensor
        {
            enum Config { NotInitialized, PullUp, PullDown, Analog };

            Config config;
            QVariant value; //[1]
        }

No matter what order I use for config and value, the compiler will pad and -Wpadded will complain. How am I supposed to fix this? This solutions that come to my mind all are ugly, but most likely I am just stupid.

[1] Yes, the use of QVariant in this case is questionable,
    but that's not the point.

Ciao,
Mathias