23.11.2016, 13:26, "Massimo Callegari via Development"
<development@qt-project.org>:
> Hi,
> is there any chance Qt 5.9 can support MSYS2 out of the box ?
>
> For us Linux users, MSYS2 feels like home, and it's the most convenient
> environment to work with external dependencies simply by using pkg-config.
>
> At the moment, the MSYS2 project is stuck on Qt 5.6.2, I believe mainly cause
> of QtWebEngine, which AFAIK can't still be built on MSYS2.
> I contributed with some updated patches to build Qt 5.7 but still QtWebEngine
> is excluded from the build.
>
> Supporting MSYS2 would mean 2 things:
> 1) evaluate the patches that are currently in the GH repo [1] and [2] and
> check if they're worth to be merged upstream

I'm afraid it does not work in this way. The following process is more likely
to get desired result:

1. Patch authors who own copyright on the code and understand why each piece is
needed should contribute patches to codereview.qt-project.org.

2. When you end up with sane amount of local patches (maybe 3-5) which you
cannot handle in a step (1), we can discuss it again.

> 2) possibly add MSYS2 to the Qt CI system, to deliver a pre-built Qt package
> in the pkg.tar.xz format suitable for PacMan
>
> Would be nice to finally have QtWebEngine to build on MSYS2 as well.

Revived QtWebKit[1] supports MinGW[2], you can use instead of QtWebEngine for
some applications

[1] http://qtwebkit.blogspot.ru/2016/08/qtwebkit-im-back.html
[2]actually, it's in a one patch distance from it, will be fixed soon

> I can give my assistance in the process, but the content of some patches
> targeting qtbase is beyond my knowledge of the Qt build files.
> Plus, a lot of work has been done on Qt 5.8.0 in that sense, so probably some
> things have already been addressed or just need to be lightly adjusted.
>
> Regards,
> Massimo
> [1] https://github.com/Alexpux/MINGW-packages/tree/master/mingw-w64-qt5 (Qt
> 5.6.2)