On Monday, 24 July 2017 15:20:07 PDT Allan Sandfeld Jensen wrote:
> It is a work-around, but it is an issue that pops up frequently and can take
> a while until solved. I do have development files of the system Qt
> installed, and it usually works just fine. When it does pop up it is
> however quite tricky to solve because if any pkg-config files add a system
> include directory to the compile command line, things break. Getting the
> correct order of includes on and gcc command line is impossible, so the
> only way of not getting a system header sneak in before the right Qt header
> is to make sure system include paths are never be explicitly specified, and
> that requires well-maintained bug-free devel packages.

That doesn't work when we're talking about another set of include paths that
are not the system's.

This can also happen intra-Qt too, if you're doing split builds. Suppose
you're building qtmultimedia again but it's already installed. You need to
link to qtbase libraries, so the -L for the install dir is provided. That
means the old set of libraries may be found.