Hi Allan!!

On 05/08/17 16:19, Allan Sandfeld Jensen wrote:
On Samstag, 5. August 2017 03:48:00 CEST Paul Smedley wrote:
Hi All,

You may or may not be aware, that OS/2 has a Qt port that is currently
at v4.7.3 (http://trac.netlabs.org/qt4)

This project has stagnated for time, but I need at least Qt 4.8.x for
Wireshark 2.4.0 - so I've started looking at updating.

I have Qt 4.8.x building, with a few nits still to resolve.

I next want to look at building Qt 5.x.  I see that the way the OS
specific GUI code is handled has changed significantly, instead of files
like:
src\gui\kernel\*win.cpp

We now have all the OS specific files in (for eg)
qtbase\src\plugins\platforms\windows\*.cpp

Are there any tips on porting a platform from Qt 4.x to 5.x?

Is it likely that much of the GUI code can be re-used (albeit the file
structure is different)?

A lot of the GUI code probably won't be relevant and won't need to be ported.
I can see they have their own QPixmap type, but since 4.8 the raster engine is
used for pixmaps, and that code can be removed. The same will apply to any
native paint-engine.

Thanks for the reply. Any hints on the minimal files necessary for gui apps to work. At this stage, I'm not fussed about clipboard, drag and drop, etc, just the bare minimal to get gui apps working.

Cheers,

Paul