On Tuesday, 29 August 2017 01:44:34 PDT Edward Welbourne wrote:
> Thiago:
> >> If you're going to communicate with a tiny MCU connected over a mesh
> >> network like 6LoWPAN/Thread, you won't be using TCP. Much less HTTP.
>
> and you'll want that MCU running something light-weight in C++, not a
> web-bloat thing.  So Qt is just the thing for the job.
>
> (... and I had to google MCU - microcontroller unit, not Marvel Comic
> Universe ;^)

Actually, no, you're not going to run Qt on an MCU with less than 256 kB of
RAM and less than 1 MB of Flash.

But in fact you *can* run JavaScript and Node.js-like code. See
        https://github.com/01org/zephyr.js/blob/master/docs/API.md
        https://github.com/Samsung/iotjs
Both implemented using https://github.com/jerryscript-project/jerryscript

Zephyr.js runs on the Arduino 101 (24 kB RAM), provided you give slightly more
than 128 kB Flash to the x86 MCU on the device.

Below 128 kB Flash, it's very hard to run the OS, your application and a TCP
stack (unless you have some hardware offload). So you'll be looking at UDP from
this point downward.

My point wasn't to run Qt *on* them, but use Qt to communicate *with* them.

> We are aware of it [*] and looking at what to do.
> We are, however, short of hands and up to our necks in things to do.
>
> [*] https://wiki.qt.io/Qt_Network_Workshop_2016#IoT

Note how mDNS is there, DTLS, etc. I mentioned CoAP during the workshop but
mentioned that it wasn't necessary to implement in Qt because it was so
simple.