On Tuesday, 19 September 2017 03:16:32 PDT Konstantin Tokarev wrote:
> > Why? Is hash randomization really important in your case?
>
> Actually, you can read value of QT_HASH_SEED from /dev/urandom, restoring
> previous behavior exactly.

Read what I wrote in my emails and in the Python bug reports, including Ted
Tso's posts: if getrandom() blocked, then reading from /dev/urandom doesn't
give you random data. It gives you a predictable sequence.

If you know that such a process will start before entropy could be gathered
and this process will not have any networking component, then set QT_HASH_SEED
to 0 in the environment.