From: Development
[mailto:development-bounces+mitch.curtis=qt...@qt-project.org] On Behalf Of
Helmut Mülner
Sent: Wednesday, 7 February 2018 2:07 PM
To: Frederik Gladhorn <frederik.gladh...@qt.io>; development@qt-project.org
Subject: Re: [Development] Deprecation of Qt Quick Controls 1

> It should come as no big surprise that we are not working much on Qt Quick
> Controls 1.
After some discussions inside The Qt Company, we concluded that it would make
sense to clarify the situation.
We see the value Controls 1 provides - more platform native styling - but it
comes at a high price.

> [...]
> As you can see, the effort is currently split and we'd like to reduce the
> attention to the two big areas - Widgets and Quick with Controls 2. This
> means we will spend even less time on Controls 1, where we'll only fix
> critical issues in the future.

In my application I mostly use Controls 2 but have to add some controls from Qt
Quick Controls 1, e.g. TableView, SplitView, Calendar, ScrollView. It would be
nice to have these controls available in Controls 2 before you deprecate
Controls 1.

Regards
Helmut