Lars Knoll wrote:
> One thing we’re doing currently is adding more capacity to CI. This has
> been a bottleneck that was slowing down merges and qt5.git updates. Better
> capacity should be in place in early spring.

(Disclaimer: The following proposal may sound "insane" to you. I also do not
have any kind of decision power here in Qt. Still, I cannot resist the urge
to formulate it.)

IMHO, you need to rethink your whole CI approach. This is increasingly being
the one bottleneck slowing down Qt development and releases. It might make
more sense to try a different approach, such as allowing all commits through
initially, then making CI runs at regular intervals, and triggering reverts
if things broke.

Qt is being developed very much as a corporate project. (I write "as" rather
than "like" because that's what Qt is, despite Open Governance.) It would
help to look at how community Free Software projects do things. They tend to
be more efficient. And some company-developed Free Software projects have
already adopted such processes.

Just my 2 cents as a (mostly) packager and application developer.

        Kevin Kofler