From: Qt-creator <> on
behalf of Tino Pyssysalo <>
Sent: Thursday, February 22, 2018 2:58:55 PM
To: Simon Hausmann; Tuukka Turunen;;
Subject: Re: [Qt-creator] [Development] Requesting repository for telemetry
plugin in Qt Creator

The idea is to develop a generic library/plugin, which anyone could use for
analytics. The backend can be any storage and The Qt Company does not provide

We plan to use the same backend, which we already use in online installers to
collect statistics about installations. At least in case of Qt Creator, the
plan is to make some analysis results available for the community. Obviously,
we do not do that for our commercial tooling.

Analytics is opt-in and disabled by default in Qt Creator. We plan to ask user
in the installer, if the user wish to participate in Qt UX improvement. If the
answers is no, the analytics plugin is never installed.  When the creator is
started for the first time, it will show a dialog, consisting a list of
collected data items and an option to enable/disable the plugin. There will be
a new output pane, which shows collected data, conversions methods, if any
used, and transmitted data to the user.

On 22/02/2018, 15.26, "Simon Hausmann"