On 2018-04-11 11:00, Tomasz Olszak wrote:
Hello,
In [1] Michael Brasser pointed out that I should introduce new
revision after adding new property to QQmlLoggingCategory.

First question:
1. Why in [2] QQuickTextInput is registered for versions > 9 with
revision 0? I would expect that it should be registered with revision
9 for imports >= 2.9. Am I missing something?
2. What is the convention regarding revisions? What should be
QQmlLoggingCategory::defaultLogLevel revision if I add the property in
Qt 5.12 (1 or 12)

I would like to kindly ask someone experienced in this area to review [1]

[1] https://codereview.qt-project.org/#/c/224198
[1]
https://code.woboq.org/qt5/qtdeclarative/src/quick/items/qquickitemsmodule.cpp.html

That's because this revision thingy is both confusing, error prone, and IMHO useless.
If it was me, this should never have been done.

To answer your question more precisely:

1. It apprars QQuickTextInput is not explicitly registered for version > 9, so it is implicitly the same as the version 9 which is fine for there are no revision higher than 9 in that class

2. From what I can see, the usage in qquickitemsmodule.cpp is mixed. I'd argue that 12 would make it less confusing and error prone.
You may want to hear another more objective opinion though :-).

--
Olivier

Woboq - Qt services and support - https://woboq.com - https://code.woboq.org