On Wednesday, 1 August 2018 23:40:40 PDT Lars Knoll wrote:
> > Right, moc files are not cross-platform but I think rcc & uic files are.
>
> They are still build artefacts, and trying to add logic to figure out which
> of those can be shared between different targets and which can’t sounds
> like a nice way to introduce complexity that will bite us at some point.

Right, and rcc is definitely not a significant portion of the build. We have
usually at most one rcc run per module. UIC ones are also often limited in
count, as are the other tools.

moc is the only one that in my mind is "significant portion of the build" and
Simon is right that we can't share its output.