On 21/09/2018 08:41, Nils Jeisecke via Development wrote:
Hi there,

although I'm usually using vim as my primary environment when hacking
Qt itself it can be tempting to use QtCreator instead for better code
navigation etc.

Simply opening the .pro file of some Qt submodule does not really work
out of the box. Lots of complaints about Qt includes not found etc.
(with clang code model).

Maybe someone is willing to share the secrets on how to configure
QtCreator for a nice Qt developing experience?

Works fine here as long as you open the project using a kit set up from that particular build of Qt. I tend to just build qtbase etc on the command line, setup a kit in creator for it, then open qt3d/qt3d.pro and it just works.

Cheers,

Sean