Den mån 5 nov. 2018 kl 20:32 skrev Konstantin Shegunov <kshegu...@gmail.com>:

> Hello,
> Since we couldn't agree, I'd love to see some more opinions about this one.[1]

I may be missing some detail, but I think what Thiago says makes
sense. When children are destroyed, you know you're in the QObject
destructor (from QObject::~QObject docs: "Destroys the object,
deleting all its child objects."), so you know the object is now a
QObject, no longer a QCoreApplication. If you require your
QCoreApplication to be alive by the time your child object is
destroyed, I think you have to ensure this on your own.

Like I said, I may be missing something, but that's what it looks like
to me. I can't see why there would be an exception to the object model
here.

Elvis