Jedrzej Nowacki (Monday, 28 January 2019 3:54 PM)
>> We have the same problem right now, just in the opposite
>> direction. One want to fix version 5.9, why the person should help
>> with merging and solving problems in 5.12? At least the problem would
>> be visible in gerrit as an not staged change.

Mitch Curtis (28 January 2019 16:40)
> Don't changes have to go to 5.12 first and then be backported to 5.9
> with the current model?

Not strictly, as I understand it.  Change needs to land in *some* live
branch, but that could be dev - although it'll usually be stable, since
it makes little sense to cherry-pick back to LTS a change not also worth
making in stable.  Once it's landed, it can be cherry-picked back to any
LTS.  When it is, though, it can be cherry-picked back to several LTS
branches at the same time (just as, in Jedrzej's model, we would do to
all branches other than dev).

        Eddy.