Il 20/05/19 22:58, Konstantin Shegunov ha scritto:
I agree as well, although I have a minor nitpick. Q_ASSERT works only if it was not stripped while building Qt. Meaning that I'm often working, as I'm sure other users, on Linux especially, with the default (i.e. release) version of Qt from the repo. Granted it may be my own fault, but in this case the assert isn't tripped and this code simply segfaults for reasons that aren't so obvious. Any suggestions how to mitigate that? Somehow *suggest* to the user that [s]he's supposed to build in debug mode otherwise they're on their own?

There is a long standing open feature request against Qt for having debug+release builds working on Linux.

TL;DR: we could come up with a Qt-specific solution, not a general purpose one (that would require agreement at the FHS level, distributions, and some ld.so mechanism à la OSX; in other words, 10 years). No one wants to get their hands dirty in qmake code though, especially given it's dying; maybe something to consider during the CMake port.

</off-topic>

My 2 c,
--
Giuseppe D'Angelo | giuseppe.dang...@kdab.com | Senior Software Engineer