On 28/01/2020 22.27, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> On Tuesday, 28 January 2020 08:09:00 PST Matthew Woehlke wrote:
>> I agree... somewhat. Where I disagree is that I would go even further
>> and suggest rethinking their entire business model. Maybe look at
>> companies with a strong and successful open source story. (Say, isn't
>> there one of those behind CMake?)
>
> So you're advocating being acquired by a bigger company that has a different
> business and regards Qt only as a means to an end?

Uh... no. Not at all. CMake *is* Kitware's business. Not exclusively,
no, but it's hardly an afterthought¹. Nor was I suggesting that TQtC
should seek being bought out.

I was suggesting looking at companies that *successfully*² leverage open
source software as the core of their business, and applying those ideas
with Qt as the focus. Yes, that probably means branching out a bit, but
if Qt doesn't remain at the center, then that's *not* what I was proposing.

(¹ Is CMake a means to an end? Well, if that end is "world domination",
then I suppose so ;-). However, that's domination *by CMake*. I'll
*happily* take a company whose goal is "world domination by Qt".)

(² ...apparently, TQtC isn't one of them.)

--
Matthew