Il 21/02/20 17:42, Thiago Macieira ha scritto:
The first step would be for both qmake and cmake projects to warn if the
project doesn't declare keywords or no_keywords. Allow that to stay for 2 or 3
years so projects do update to declare their choices. This can start right
now, in 5.15.

At some point after that, change the default. Like, for example, in Qt 7.

A data point I'd like to have is how many "real world" projects are enforcing no_keywords, at the moment?

Are we going to make life more awkward for everyone, with a marginal gain (stop polluting the preprocessor with lowercase macros), or _de facto_ any big project already disables the macros anyhow?

My 2 c,
--
Giuseppe D'Angelo | giuseppe.dang...@kdab.com | Senior Software Engineer
KDAB - The Qt, C++ and OpenGL Experts