> On Nov 3, 2020, at 11:34, Alex Blasche <alexander.blas...@qt.io> wrote:

I think that this split is very hard to see, realize and understand at the
minimum for non-Qt-developers / customers / users, and sometimes even for
developers.
It is something that we interpret into a combination of two separated fields in
JIRA, with the meaning of Fix Version even having dual meaning depending on the
“Resolution” state of a task, it requires a custom filter to see which tasks
actually were important enough to warrant some of the resources for a fix in
the next version.

Also it introduces a split within the P1 tasks: Some of them are were deemed
more severe than others, so we committed to allocating resources to them (by
setting a fix version), and some were considered less important.

It is simply easier to see, if this is reflected in the priority. Will my issue
be fixed?

P0: Yes, as soon as possible.
P1: Yes, it was deemed important enough to be allocated resources so it should
be fixed in the next release.
P2-P5: No idea.

In the P2-P5 range differences in priority, timing/fix version whatever, can
still be used to differentiate.

Br, Eike