Hi

I’ve been investigating QTBUG-103881 for 6.4 (dev)

The test instantiates a qml scene using QQmlComponent.

The scene has some items and sets some properties. For the record, this is the
scene [1]

The component is created properly (I think) and the scene is then created, but
some of the setters are not called. In particular,
QPickingSettings::setPickMethod(…) is not called [2]

This causes the Qt3D test to fail.

The whole thing worked fine in 6.3.  There has been no change in Qt3D in that
area recently.
I believe the behaviour of QtDeclarative has changed.

Anyone have any clues of what the issue might be?

Mike

[1]
https://code.qt.io/cgit/qt/qt3d.git/tree/tests/auto/render/raycastingjob/testscene_worldraycasting.qml
[2]
https://code.qt.io/cgit/qt/qt3d.git/tree/src/render/frontend/qpickingsettings.h

—
Mike Krus | mike.k...@kdab.com | Senior Software Engineer & Teamlead
KDAB (UK) Ltd., a KDAB Group company
Tel: UK Office +44 1625 809908   Mobile +44 7833 491941
KDAB - The Qt Experts, C++, OpenGL Experts