On 1 Nov 2022, at 09:55, Volker Hilsheimer via Development
<development@qt-project.org> wrote:

On 20 Sep 2022, at 14:47, Volker Hilsheimer <volker.hilshei...@qt.io> wrote:
[…]
Those components should then be watched closer, and always get updated to the
latest version, perhaps even for patch releases. To that end, I’ve started to
collect a list of such components on

https://wiki.qt.io/Third_Party_Code_in_Qt

and would appreciate if you could have a look and add missing components to
that page, esp if you are in charge of some of them. I’ve included a column
that describes what kind of patches we apply when we update the 3rd party code
(and this is perhaps a good opportunity to see if all of those are still
necessary).

Hi again,

Thanks for populating that page with information about 3rd party components
processing untrusted content.

As a next step, could those of you who are upgrading such components as part of
the release process, please provide links to the respective upstream, and
instructions on what is involved in the upgrading of the bundled sources?

Hi,

That page still misses information for a lot of 3rd party modules about where
to find the upstream and the update instructions. That makes it very difficult
for our release team to follow up on the 3rd party update.

<https://wiki.qt.io/Third_Party_Code_in_Qt>
Third Party Code in Qt - Qt Wiki<https://wiki.qt.io/Third_Party_Code_in_Qt>
wiki.qt.io<https://wiki.qt.io/Third_Party_Code_in_Qt>
[favicon.ico]<https://wiki.qt.io/Third_Party_Code_in_Qt>