+1
QtSpeech will not work on all platforms without Qt Multimedia, so this
dependency makes sense IMO.
________________________________
Von: Development <development-boun...@qt-project.org> im Auftrag von Volker
Hilsheimer via Development <development@qt-project.org>
Gesendet: Montag, 30. Januar 2023 16:45
An: Kai Köhne <kai.koe...@qt.io>
Cc: development@qt-project.org <development@qt-project.org>
Betreff: Re: [Development] Qt TextToSpeech: Adding dependency to Qt Multimedia
- ok?

> On 23 Jan 2023, at 16:07, Kai Köhne <kai.koe...@qt.io> wrote:
>
> Hi,

To clarify, the problem is not upgrading an individual module here, but that an
application running against Qt 6.6 will require Qt Multimedia, while an
application running against Qt 6.4 or Qt 6.5 will not.

But, I agree that we can assume that on systems where binary compatibility
matters, all Qt modules are installed (or get installed when upgrading).

> Anyhow, you could consider making the dependency optional at configure time.
> Then users who don't need it could still configure without qtmultimedia - no
> idea whether this is worth the hassle though.
>
> Regards
>
> Kai

Ok. Given the footprint of Qt TextToSpeech, I don’t think it’s worth the hassle
to make this configurable.

Volker