Hi,

quick status update: I think the major part of source code changes is done, few changes are still in the works or waiting for review. Thanks for the reviews and proposals. I think most changes were actually for the better and quite some cruft and duplication was unearthed. We are hoping to get it all in + a change adding an option to configure so that it can be used.

I am now able to build Qt (qtbase/qtdeclarative and additional modules) in 10min (home-office), whereas before, qtdeclarative alone would have taken longer than that. This shows the potential; also for the projects depending on us in terms of server load, time and energy consumption.

Regards, Friedemann

--
Friedemann Kleint
The Qt Company GmbH