Thanks Daniel! This sounds like a better model with less chance of orphaned
changes.

> On 24 Jul 2023, at 10:07, Daniel Smith via Development
> <development@qt-project.org> wrote:

[…]

> Because this change takes away some level of control from the user, a new
> footer is being introduced. A new footer, proposed as "Hotfix-to: " will
> behave as the old logic does today, blasting all Pick-to targets in parallel
> with no gap checking or validation for existing changes. It's recommended to
> use the "Pick-to:" footer as often as possible and reserve "Hotfix-to:" for
> security or other critical fixes which can't wait on the waterfall
> cherry-pick automation.

I would recommend skipping this new footer. There’s nothing preventing manual
cherry-picks, either locally via git, or via Gerrit’s UI, and doing those
manualy seems more appropriate anyways for the exception when a change needs to
be rushed into a branch.

Cheers,
Tor Arne