Hi,

prepare_docs runs qdoc with -prepare,
generate_docs runs qdoc with -generate (depends on prepare_docs),
html_docs is basically a synonym for generate_docs,
qch_docs creates the QtHelp databases (.qch files) for Assistant/Qt Creator,
and docs ist a target that depends on html_docs and qch_docs, so it triggers
them both.
The "install" variants install the html files and the QtHelp databases
respectively, with install_docs again triggering both.

See https://code.qt.io/cgit/qt/qtbase.git/tree/cmake/QtDocsHelpers.cmake for
the details.

Br, Eike

> Am 02.08.2023 um 04:02 schrieb Haowei Hsu <hwhsu1...@gmail.com>:
>
> Hello, Qt Development Team.
>
> I noticed that there the following CMake targets with "docs" word in
> qt/qtbase:
> docs(_xxx)
>     • generate_docs(_xxx)
>     • html_docs(_xxx)
>     • install_docs(_xxx)
>     • install_html_docs(_xxx)
>     • install_qch_docs(_xxx)
>     • prepare_docs(_xxx)
>     • qch_docs(_xxx)
>
> I wondered what are differences/relations among them?
>
> <image.png>
>
> Besides, I found that both html_docs(_xxx) and docs(_xxx) generate the same
> HTML
> output, but there are lots of Warning Messages when building html_docs(_xxx).
> For
> example, warning: Can't link to 'index.html'
>
> <image.png>
>
> ---
> Haowei Hsu
> --

Eike Ziller
Principal Software Engineer

The Qt Company GmbH
Erich-Thilo-Str. 10
12489 Berlin, Germany
eike.zil...@qt.io
https://qt.io

Geschäftsführer: Mika Pälsi,
Juha Varelius, Jouni Lintunen
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Berlin, Registergericht: Amtsgericht Charlottenburg, HRB
144331 B