Hi Thiago,

On 23.08.23 04:48, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> On Tuesday, 22 August 2023 14:27:09 PDT Marc Mutz via Development wrote:
>> I think we should decide what we mean by forward BC and SC and describe
>> it in https://wiki.qt.io/Qt-Version-Compatibility more precisely.
>
> I thought the rule was "no new symbols, period" with the exception for
> QOperatingSystemVersion for operating systems that have been released since
> that Qt release was made.

Indeed. This is how I remember it, too (though the exception is new to
me), but that is clearly not what the project is producing atm,
therefore I decided to raise this here.

Thanks,
Marc

--
Marc Mutz <marc.m...@qt.io>
Principal Software Engineer

The Qt Company
Erich-Thilo-Str. 10 12489
Berlin, Germany
www.qt.io

Geschäftsführer: Mika Pälsi, Juha Varelius, Jouni Lintunen
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Berlin,
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Charlottenburg,
HRB 144331 B