I would argue that putting actually shared resources into such libraries is a
good idea

Looking at
https://code.qt.io/cgit/qt/qtdeclarative.git/tree/examples/quick/shared, it
mostly contains QML controls, like Slider.qml and TextField.qml. The examples
using those components should really be using QQ Controls instead. After all,
we should recommend using QQ Controls in our own examples (*). Some users might
even be tempted to import such a new "shared resources” module into their own
apps, and start using the “wrong” Slider.qml and TextField.qml etc. Keeping
only the media, such as icons and images, should perhaps be OK, though.

Also, if some of the code used in an example is hidden away in a prebuilt
shared module, doesn’t that sort of defeat the purpose of an example; To be
able study and understand how to built a self-standing application (without
digging through the Qt source code)?

-Richard

*: This probably comes from the time when Controls was a separate repository,
and couldn’t be used by Declarative.