Hi,

The native Android MediaCodec backend has been the main backend used by Qt
Multimedia on Android since Qt 5. ffmpeg backend was added as a second backend
to Android since Qt 6.5 and is the default for all supported platforms now.
Moving forward, we want to focus mainly on the ffmpeg backend support, and for
that reason we’re deprecating the native backend starting from Qt 6.8. Thus it
will stop receiving new features and fixes, and users should switch to ffmpeg
instead. The deprecated backend will be removed in Qt 7.

Best regards,
Assam