I agree that it’s important to get Beta1 out before summer vacation starts, but
we win very little by verifying that we can release the beta of a Qt Multimedia
that’s quite different from the Qt Multimedia we actually want to release.

The FFmpeg provisioning changes are localised to Qt Multimedia, and looking at
the history of the staging attempts, it’s a bit unclear why things failed. The
last attempt failed on Debian-11, the log output is not very conclusive.

+ echo 'Running update for apt'
Running update for apt
+ waitLoop
+ sudo fuser /var/lib/dpkg/lock
+ sudo apt-get update
Reading package lists...
E: Could not get lock /var/lib/apt/lists/lock. It is held by process 953
(packagekitd)
E: Unable to lock directory /var/lib/apt/lists/
E: Problem renaming the file /var/cache/apt/srcpkgcache.bin.TsV3UY to
/var/cache/apt/srcpkgcache.bin - rename (2: No such file or directory)
E: The package cache file is corrupted

Let’s review and agree on the requested exceptions in the release team meeting
on Tuesday. Until then, please focus on testing the changes thoroughly to
reduce the risk of them eventually merging causing any surprises.

Volker