El 12/09/16 a las 11:10, MikeB escribió:
This was buried in another thread, but I wanted to give it its own thread since this has me blocked.

As of late last week, I've been unable to build a kernel snap.

I'm using the latest snapcraft and snapd (2.16 and 2.14.2~16.04 respectively).

I do define an x-kernel plugin which derives from he kernel plugin. My x-kernel applies patches after the super().pull() and pauses the process after the super().build() so that I can inject some custom drivers into /lib/modules/... so I don't suspect my x-kernel is the culprit.

When snapcraft tries tries to download ubuntu-core, I get the following failure.

Any thoughts on how to get around this failure?

First an explanation, we ship a generic initrd in the core snap which has all the business logic; snapcraft downloads this add adds all the kernel related stuff. In order to download this core snap we need to be logged into the store.

So the solution is to `snapcraft login`. We don't have refrshing of tokens yet and even so wouldn't be as effective as the one implemented in snapd as it might be months before you use snapcraft to talk to the store again.

As a side note, the download of the core snap to get a generic initrd is a temporary solution until the bootloader logic in snapd learns how to append/concat initrd's for the business logic and the kernel enablement bits to evolve independently.

That said, the cryptic 401 error message is a capital letters BUG! I would appreciate if you could log one.

Cheers
Sergio