The plan is for you to be able to stick a USB key into your Pi, and
console-conf will import a stream of assertions from it, including
system-user assertions which will create local users with SSH keys,
passwords, etc.

In the near future, we should also have a configuration assertion which can
tune the whole system setup unattended. But this one most likely won't be
there for the upcoming milestone. The system-user one will be there.

gustavo @ http://niemeyer.net