On 13.12.2016 09:58, Omer Akram wrote:
> Hi!
>
> We are trying to run some CI tests for snapweb, one of the environments
> that we want to test with, is Ubuntu Core in a kvm. The idea is to
> download the latest daily Ubuntu Core image, install the newly built
> snap as part of our CI and run tests on top of that.
>
> To do all that seamlessly, we need a way to skip the console-conf
> wizard, mainly the user creation part. Any pointers on what needs to be
> done to achieve that would help greatly.

We had the same problem with our spread test setup for network-manager.
Have a look at
https://git.launchpad.net/~snappy-hwe-team/snappy-hwe-snaps/+git/network-manager/tree/tests/image
and also the rest of the spread test setup in
https://git.launchpad.net/~snappy-hwe-team/snappy-hwe-snaps/+git/network-manager/tree/tests/lib

Basically we're creating an image with a system-user assertion for the
user test with password test builtin. That requires another firstboot
systemd service job to get the user correctly created but works pretty well.

Hope that helps.

regards,
Simon