stephen noble <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

> i have a handy rpm that automounts my server drives
>
> http://www4.tpgi.com.au/users/dungog/sme/howto/shared-drives.html
>
> what i can't figure out is to get it to mount so that
> a user can write to the drive.

Hi Stephen,

In your document you want to share and read/write to the server CDRW drive
and floppy drive via an ibay mount link.  Is this correct?

I understand a shared CDRW drive but AFAIK writing to it requires the
cdrecord tools.  For simple sharing I think you would need to execute a
umount,mount /dev/cdrom everytime a CD is changed.  How are you doing this?

As for the floppy, do you have a specfic need for a shared server floppy
drive?

On e-smith.org contrib HowTo page, you will find 'HowTo install WebCDwriter
2.1 On SME 5'.  For CDRW serving, a google search will find you many other
cd server solutions.  I personally have not tried any of them yet.

Don't know if these will fit your exact needs but might be worth a look.

Darrell May
DMC Netsourced.com
http://netsourced.com
http://myEZserver.com