[Original message from Pouyan]

[Matthew Said]
>> > My recollection is servlets are far more complex and we don't use most of
>> > their features? On the other hand, maybe we do now. More importantly, they
>> > don't do anything for us in the areas where we really need help -
>> > specifically, content generation / templating.

 [message from Pouyan]
>> No, you are not wrong, simple Servlets are as complicated as existing
>> Toadlets in use.  What makes it easier is the use of some Java Web
>> program application such as Apache Struts or Wicket (as Ian
>> suggested). In case of Apache Struts you can use JSPs as templates
>> (View) while Struts core is taking care of HTTP requests (Controller)
>> and Struts forms (Model) are used as data models. Other put you will
>> have a nice and tidy MVC architecture!

[Matthew Said]
> Does that support sending data to clients that don't have javascript?

Apache Struts and JSP are not JavaScript independent. Since you
implement MVC structure, you can develop different "views" for
different platforms and users. You could even implement generic
interfaces which provide raw data (XML, JSON, etc) to other
applications (if Freenet's data is to be used by third party
applications, e.g. for visualizing) locally and over the network.
The main advantage of Struts lies in its management functionalities.