How much latency is acceptable for forums? 1 minute? 1 hour? 3 hours? 1 day? 3
days?

To what degree can this be moderated by how much you trust/are interested in a
specific identity? I.e. we could poll the 30 identities that you have given
positive trust to manually fast enough to see their messages within minutes,
but much of the rest only every few hours.

(Remember that only negative trust settings are a "censorship" problem in the
current WebOfTrust; trust levels are strictly additive iirc)

These issues are very much relevant for scaling Freetalk. I suspect they are
relevant for FMS too.

Obviously for apps with more obvious friend/follow relationships (Sone), this
is different: we mainly care about those we follow, some latency for
third-party replies is probably acceptable (reduced by hints when somebody else
brings it to our attention); and we may even use CAPTCHAs for third parties to
gain our attention quickly.

(CC'ing support for a broader range of opinions, since this is largely a
usability issue)