Am Freitag, 2. September 2011, 23:34:29 schrieb Matthew Toseland:
> > If the load balancer does not have some hidden delicacies, there is a
> > very  simple check to see if my understanding is right.
> >
> > Since SSKs are mostly unsuccessfull and are about 50% of the requests,
> > the  bandwidth limiter essentially targets 50% of the bandwidth.
>
> No, it takes into account that SSKs use very little bandwidth (1-2K versus
> 32K).

That might explain the data I see:

Bandwidth: 75 down, 85 up.

I expected 90 kB/s.

Theory: My claimed bandwidth doubling seems to have overshot, which gave too
many timeouts (that is also supported by the volatility of the bandwidth:
oszillating rapidly between 50 and 100 - this is with AIMDs on).

Best wishes,
Arne