Ok, I'll schedule that then.
> One thing that *is* critical is that we stop loading the images if the user
> closes the page, but afaics the existing infrastructure will do that.

I really dont think that anything gets notified when the user closes
the tab. So I dont think fetching is stopped then.

As I see the prefetching has a 1 minute timeout, so it isn't really
solving things. Inline prefetch fetches stuff, but only those, that
are fast, and kills the others. And the browser's request fetches the
other(almost all) images, 2(3) at a time. Asyncronous fetching would
solve that problem, because it can notify(and cancel) the fetches when
the user actually closes the tab.

sashee