Matthew Toseland skrev:
> On Wednesday 17 June 2009 16:26:35 Caco Patane wrote:
>>> Hmmm... do we care? How many people use IE6 at the moment? And what exactly
>>> happens on IE6 with 1-bit-transparent PNGs?
>> At least here (latin america) there are tons of IE6 users: because
>> hardware is expensive nobody installs vista, nobody buys original
>> windows copies and don't get the updates. In webdevelopment usually is
>> a requirement to support IE6 -again, in Latinamerica-.
>
> Hmmm, I thought IE7 was available for XP?

Both IE 7 and IE 8 are available for XP.

I think he means that users in "poor" areas usually run pirated versions
of XP with the included IE6. Many of these installations won't have a
functional Windows Update because of the "Genuine Advantage" stuff
Microsoft pushes through it. Wich means that they won't get IE updates
automatically, and probably won't/can't upgrade manually.

- Zero3