From
http://127.0.0.1:8889/USK at
X1LyFuoMhnKY7KLK5-RBQ3IHtNJLAUSV~IjzRuxi6Kw,x9otznrH7Y8R42TzfAqDHv5Fda2ojIhqJw7iPRzimz8,AQACAAE/Volodya/28/
:

Old friends coming back, freenet is moving

Some friends that i've known from back in 0,5 era have been coming back. There
are also new people who are moving onto this network, so we must think about
what is the main goal for this place. I believe that the major challenge right
now does have to do with the user interface (on this i agree with people like
Ian Clarke); however, when he says that Javascript is a requirement or that
user interface means how things look like, i am in total disagreement.

So what is "user interface" if not look and feel? Well, it's simple we need to
have an interface which fits the purpose. The purpose of talking, for example,
is to be able to receive messages from other people simply and then send
messages oneself. At the same time the purpose of inserts is to announce that
insert, so there needs to be a way to simply announce that insert to others.
None of this requires changing any look and feel, it's all about functionality.
So the interface rework must start with actually implementing the features that
the interface requires.