Different codebase, arguably no active developpement (7months since last
commit? - https://github.com/sanity/tahrir/commits/master), no release yet, no
userbase, ... different goals

I am not sure it's a good fit for GSoC tbh... but then again, it's up to Google
to judge that.
Why do you think Freenet would be the right umbrella? Is there any integration
in between both planned on the roadmap?

Why not presenting it as a mentoring organization on its own?

Florent