Hi,

I recently started a discussion with @Jon Evans in my MR
https://gitlab.com/kicad/code/kicad/-/merge_requests/1935 regarding the
visibility of Altium importer warning & errors for not yet supported
schematic and layout features.

Since commit
https://gitlab.com/kicad/code/kicad/-/commit/83be5ba63d82e237b8944ee6ee7c639215b14027

the Kicad Altium Importer does no longer shows warning & errors for not yet
supported schematic and layout features in release builds.

As Jon mentioned this was implemented to get rid of those annoying warnings
which pop-up every time you use an Altium library which contains a not yet
supported schematic and layout features. This I absolutely understand.

I also do not expect that importing data from other EDA tools will be 100%
accurate. But as the importer already knows it's limits I personally would
like to have the possibility to get those warnings and errors back when I
am importing an Altium schematic or layout.

Jon mentioned:

"I would be fine with adding some new way to show these optionally, in a
less obtrusive way."

"We try to avoid settings wherever possible. It is best to come up with a
solution that can be enabled for everyone, meaning that people who want the
information can get it in a way that does not slow down people who don't
want the information.
One option would be to create a "post-import report" that can optionally be
launched from an infobar notification, for example."

"One pretty simple option would be an advanced_config flag that changes the
behavior of the WXLOG_REPORTER to use logging calls that are present in
release builds"

I am curious what's the opinion of others.

Best regards,
Stefan