Thinking more about storing documents into a DOM in the database, I
have found 2 issues to discuss:

1) Using verbatim blocks is going to be a nightmare for users.
Consider your example below using verbatim blocks:

-------------------------------------
// WikiModel:
-------------------------------------
<h1>Hello {{{$customer.Name}}}!</h1>
{{{#foreach( $mud in $mudsOnSpecial )

    #if ( $customer.hasPurchased($mud) )
}}}
{{{         $flogger.getPromo( $mud )
}}}
{{{
    #end
#end
}}}

It's really ugly and eve worse than the <% from groovy.. :)

2) We need to consider current users who are using velocity
intermixed with wiki syntax and we need to continue supporting them,
either by having TextProcessors and a VelocityTextProcessor (thus
storing text in the DB) or by somehow converting the current way of
writing velocity to the "new" way, whatever this is. But in any case
we need to find something better than what is in 1) above. I'd hate
that it be worse for users. This leads me to believe we might need to
keep TextProcessors and store the content in textual format in the DB.

WDYT? Is there any other way?

Thanks
-Vincent