Hi Ricardo,

On May 19, 2008, at 11:52 PM, [Ricardo Rodriguez] Your EPEC Network
ICT Team wrote:

> Sergiu, Vicent,
>
> Thanks for your inputs.
>
> Sergiu Dumitriu wrote:
>> Vincent Massol wrote:
>>
>>> a XSL Transformation.
>>>

>> ... performed with standard JDK APIs (actually uses xalan inside).
>> See
>> http://www.w3.org/TR/xslt and
>> http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/api/javax/xml/transform/package-summary.html
>>

> OK. Please, could you take a look to the modified diagram? My main
> concern is to find a "standard" way of representing processes within
> XWiki. I know I am not the only one looking for such a thing! :-) So,
> any idea will be welcome.
>
> http://tinyurl.com/3ge3me

The diagram is great. We should put it on xwiki.org. Here's what I
would do:

* In DevGuide/Architecture, create a section about Export and put the
diagram there with one or 2 lines of explanations.
* In the AdminGuide/Configuration page, create a section for
customizing the PDF/RTF output and include the image from the DevGuide/
Architecture page
* In DevGuide/Architecture create a link to AdminGuide/
Configuration#... to point users to if they want to customize the PDF/
RTF outputs

Thanks!
-Vincent

PS: You ask about how to represent processes and such. What I usually
use is a FlowChart diagram for this.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flowchart. I have a FlowChart stencil in
OmniGrafle. That said, I like your diagram as it is so no worries.

> I think the pieces are now clear for me. A quite different thing is to
> be able to deal with each of them to modify the output.
>
>>> There could be a problem with paragraphs, as Radeox doesn't output
>>> correct tags, so instead of having <p>the text</p>, it outputs <p/
>>> text (the paragraph is outside the text, not around it).
>>>
>>> As for heading margins, I don't know, maybe FOP has a bug here, or
>>> rtf
>>> doesn't support that. I'll play around when I have more free time.
>>>

> Is this a Radeox bug or does it make sense in this environment?
>
> As for heading margins, I've been playing with a rtf file with
> different
> indentations and margins applied to headings and paragraphs. It
> seems to
> move fine at least between Word, Pages and OpenOffice. In Mac, Suse
> Linux and Windows.
>
> As far as I see, the next step for me is to configure a developing
> environment for XWiki here and learn at least how to trap at least the
> two intermediary XHTMLs and the XSL-FO documents to keep track of
> changes and issues.
>
> Please, if you have any idea about how to modify heading margins,
> pictures size and <p> appearance, it will be really welcome! Thanks!

  • [xwiki-devs] about RTF expo... [Ricardo Rodriguez] Your EPEC Network ICT Team
    • Re: [xwiki-devs] about... [Ricardo Rodriguez] Your EPEC Network ICT Team
      • Re: [xwiki-devs] a... [Ricardo Rodriguez] Your EPEC Network ICT Team
        • Re: [xwiki-dev... [Ricardo Rodriguez] Your EPEC Network ICT Team
          • Re: [xwiki... Vincent Massol
            • Re: [... [Ricardo Rodriguez] Your EPEC Network ICT Team
              • R... Vincent Massol
                • ... Sergiu Dumitriu
                • ... [Ricardo Rodriguez] Your EPEC Network ICT Team
                • ... Vincent Massol