Hi Paul,

The curriki project is a separate project from the xwiki products (XE,
XEM, etc) and should actually have its own mailing list, SVN
repository, etc (this will be done in the future when an admin can
free up some time). I'm personally NOT a committer on it and I haven't
participated on it except helping initially when someone had to
volunteer to write its build. Since then I haven't touched it and I
don't want to touch it since I'm not part of the project.

FWIW we're using Maven2 for building XWiki Core, XE, XEM, XWiki Watch
and XWS and we're not finding it blocking in any way. And no we don't
have any manual step and it's all automated. So I'd assume the problem
is not with Maven2 itself.

Thanks
-Vincent