Hi,

On Mon, Jun 20, 2011 at 4:37 PM, Chamika Weerasinghe <chami...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi Thomas and Eduard,
>
> Thank you for explaining me the importance of making reusable widget UIs.
> So
> you are suggesting me to design UI for xwiki  such as Page views, xwiki
> wiki, space, page navigator etc. That would be really usable for future
> developers. :)
> I almost completed 1 and 1.1 and already committed to repo. Please give me
> reviews on that so that I can improve my coding styles and architecture of
> the xwiki-android-rest. There are some other REST services which I will
> implement soon.
>
> After I finished completely 1 and 1.1 I will make sample UI widgets to
> confirms they are ok or not.
>
> I don't understand what you suggested in 3). can you describe it further by
> giving an example.
>
> Still I don't get the answer for the Calendar deserilization problem.
> Android cannot use  sun.util.calendar library which uses Xwiki REST in json
> serialization and I'm currently blocked there. Because still you didn't
> suggest an alternative for that or any other way to resolve the problem.

I'm happy about your progress :) however, one thing I learned from OSS world
is that as a developer you cannot ask "how to do this? or you haven't
answered me yet" type of questions. It's best if you can do some research
and provide a list of alternative paths and ask which of those paths is to
be taken? (i.e ask for opinions) and may be then ppl will suggest you more
alternatives which you have to evaluate yourself. The moral is, the bulk of
the work should be on your shoulders while others can provide constructive
comments.

Hope you understood my point :)

- Asiri