Hello,

As you know, we have defined a supported database strategy, found
here: http://dev.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Community/DatabaseSupportStrategy

At the moment, in our release notes, we report the supported list of
databases in the "Tested Databases" section. This is a little bit
misleading, because we don't perform a full manual test on each of
them. Also, at the moment, we don't have automated tests running on
these databases.

What I currently do is to test migration on each databases from an
older version (in my case, I am using 2.7.2) to the current upcoming
release. I usually perform these tests before RC1 so we make sure
issues won't slip in the final release. Also, this testing is done on
vanilla wiki's, so they don't reflect or simulate a large wiki
migration with thousands of users and pages.

What I want to propose is:

1) improve the "Tested Databases" section, so we list that we only
test migrations and we don't perform a full test on each of the
databases. This would mean adding a small explanation about this in
the release notes pages.

2) When we release a new version, migrate myxwiki.org to the latest
version, so users using it can report possible issues due to
migration. This is a little hard for me to do since if something goes
wrong, I could break a lot of things. Someone with more experience
should do it, if there volunteers.

I am waiting your feedback about this since I want to improve the
visibility of testing, and also try to test migrations in a more real
world environment

Regards,
Sorin B.