On Tue, Oct 16, 2012 at 3:56 PM, Vincent Massol <vinc...@massol.net> wrote:
> Hi devs,
>
> Just realized that we don't have direct way of getting a page's content (only
> the content)…
>
> The best we can do is:
> http://playground.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Sandbox/WebHome?xpage=plain&outputSyntax=xwiki
>
> But that converts the content to XWiki Syntax.
>
> Shouldn't we have a vm for just displaying the content? Or even better a REST
> URL?

AFAIR, I implemented something like that but I couldn't commit it
because of a Restlet bug on content negotiation.

Basically you could retrieve the plain text content by requesting a
page and sending an "Accept: text/plain" header in the request.

If I am not wrong, the guys at Restlest should have fixed that, so
having this feature should be quite straightforward.

-Fabio