That is doable, in two ways:

1. Merge xwiki-enterprise into xwiki-platform, move the modules we want
to keep in their new location, delete the modules we don't need anymore.
This requires planning where every module goes in advance, and fixes
everything at once.

2. Extract each module that we want to keep in a separate git
repository, using https://gist.github.com/sdumitriu/1993357 (I need to
update this with a better version), and merge it into xwiki-platform.
This lets us handle each module at a time, but extracting a module takes
a while.

--
Sergiu Dumitriu
http://purl.org/net/sergiu